Interested parties should visit our Application page. Please download and fill out the application form using a PDF reader. After filling out the PDF, please save and upload by hitting the "choose file" button, then hit the "Apply Now" button to submit.
Location: Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
Status: Full Time/ Permanent
Novatec Braid is currently recruiting for Winding / Braider Operators. This position is primarily responsible for the set-up, operation, general maintenance, and basic repair of the Winding and Braiding equipment. The challenge of this position is operating multiple machines at one time.
We are recruiting for both the day (Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm) and night (Monday 4pm to 2:30am to Thursday 4pm to 2:30am) shifts. This position works under the direct supervision of the Operations Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following core competencies: strong attention to detail skills; strong troubleshooting and independent thinking skills; strong active listening and communication skills; and, must be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will have:
- Basic math skills;
- Basic English language reading skills;
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted;
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time;
- Physical dexterity as well as being able to twist, turn, bend, reach, push, pull, and lift, and,
- Be able to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Total remuneration includes:
- $13.05 per hour during the probationary period (and an increase upon successful completion of the probationary period)
- Full medical/dental/vision/Life/LTD/ADD benefits package within the first 30 days of hire (Novatec pays 60%)
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 2 weeks paid vacation, pro-rated in year of hire
- Eligibility in the Annual Profit Sharing Program!!
- Nighttime shift differential of 3%
- Boot allowance
This position is ideal for someone who values a manufacturing environment, who appreciates working with a tight knit group, and who is looking to make a long term commitment with a well-established, successful, and growing company.
Interested parties should forward their resume and cover ASAP to the attention of Steve Nickerson, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now