Novabraid double braid and hollow or single braid ropes are easily spliced using proven splicing methods and a few standard tools including properly sized fids, scissors, tape, and whipping twine. A spliced eye should be as strong as the rope itself. Knots in rope will generally diminish the rope strength by half. Ropes with parallel strand cores are not generally spliced. For complete splicing rope instructions for most marine, industrial, and decorative applications please refer to Barbara Merry’s excellent instruction book.
Products for this Application:
- High Performance Double Braided Rope
Novablue is our premium double braided polyester rope designed for general marine, industrial, and commercial use where low elongation, high strength, and abrasion resistance are required.
- Novagold Double Braided Nylon Rope
Novabraid's premium double braided nylon rope is designed for general marine, industrial, and commercial use where controlled elongation, high strength, and abrasion resistance are required.
- Professionally Spliced Docklines
Our docklines are professionally spliced with a soft eye and lock stitch on one end and heat seal on the other end.
- Versatile and Durable Marine Cordage
NovaLite cordage features a double braided construction of multifilament polypropylene in both core and cover.
- High Performance Spectra Rope
NovaLite HP is a double braided Spectra™ rope constructed with a multi-filament polypropylene (MFP) cover and a blend of Spectra™ and MFP in the core.
- Double Braid Multifilament Rope
Nypro is a double braided rope constructed with a 100% nylon cover and a 100% multifilament polypropylene core.
- High Strength 100% Nylon Fiber Rope
NYTEC-12 is a hollow braided 12-strand rope using 100% nylon yarn.
- 12 Strand Hollow Braid Rope
Oletec-12 is a hollow braided 12 strand rope using 100% polyolefin high tenacity co-polymer fiber.
- Designed for Unparalleled Strength & Durability
Polylon is a double braided rope constructed with a 100% polyester cover and a 100% nylon core.
- Ideal for Demanding Industrial Applications
Novabraid's Polyspec is a double braided rope constructed with a 100% polyester cover and a 100% Spectra™ core.
- High Strength 100% Polyester Fiber Rope
POLYTEC-12 is a hollow braided 12-strand rope using 100% polyester yarn.
- Low Stretch and Easy Handling Designed for Dinghy Towing
Novabraid's carefully constructed high tenacity polyester parallel core with a Diamond Braid polyester cover is the ideal rope for dinghy towing.
- High Strength 100% Spectra™ Fiber Rope
Spectec-12 is a hollow braided 12-strand rope using 100% Spectra™ fiber.
XLE-Z Feel High Strength Rope
- Ultimate Versatility in a Double Braid Construction
XLE-Z Feel Performer series is an extra low elongation high strength rope featuring a 100% Polyester double braid, similar to our standard XLE, but with a cover constructed from DuPont's Type 77 Dacron, long staple, spun filament yarn.
- Dual Fiber Hollow Braided Nylon Rope
Blendtec is a premium hollow braided nylon rope featuring a 12 strand polyester/polyolefin dual fiber construction.
- XLE Series Double Braided Rope for Exceptional Performance
Novabraid's top of the line extra low elongation, 100% polyester double braided rope.